UK Summer Fulbright
This scholarship fully funds a 3-4 week course at one of several summer institutes at universities across the United Kingdom. U.S. citizen freshmen and sophomores with a GPA of at least 3.7 are eligible.
The UK Fulbright Commission seeks mature, responsible, open-minded students who demonstrate an academic fit between their chosen institute and their own background. They select students who are involved on and off campus and have the desire to act as ambassadors between U.S. and the UK The Commission prefers to fund students with little or no study or travel experience in the UK (or elsewhere abroad).
UK Summer Fulbright Information Sessions
December 7, 2023 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in 1028 Lincoln Hall
Unlike other prestigious scholarship schemas, the UK Summer Fulbright Scholarship does not formally require a university endorsement process. An applicant may choose to independently submit application materials. However, if you are interested in obtaining feedback on your materials, please submit drafts of your UK Summer Fulbright applications well in advance of the national deadline. Attach your essays and short answers in an email, along with a few potential meeting times no earlier than 2 business days after your submission to receive feedback.. We are willing to work with students through numerous revisions.
February 1, 2024
The applicant is responsible for submitting his or her application online. Components include:
- Example of leadership experience and what learned from the experience (300 words)
- Why you have chosen a particular Summer Institute, the qualities and skills you bring to the host community and how the experience contributes to your future goals (300 words)
- Identify the main reason(s) you should be on a fully funded program (200 words)
- Personal statement: What makes you unique? Why are you interested in studying in the UK? How do you think this will be a transformative experience and what you will gain from participating in a Summer Institute? (800 words).
- Discuss a current affairs issue in the United States that is important to you (800 words)
- PDF copy of official transcript (order and save electronic one)
- References: two individuals who know you professionally; at least one must be an instructor
All candidates are notified in late March as to whether or not they made the first cut. From this shortlist, individual institutes will select finalists to a video interview and then make final selections in May. Please keep us informed as your progress through the competition! We will coordinate mock interviews for those students called to an interview.